And the Nominees for The 2013 Literary Fauxscars are…
After much debate, multiple trips to the movie theater, and frequent log-ins to our Netflix accounts, we have researched our way through classic novels, young adult favorites, and everything in between, to choose the best film adaptations of 2012.
Did your favorites make the cut? Find out below!
And don’t forget to cast your votes via our Poll, Facebook, Twitter, or in the comment section below! If you’d prefer a ‘secret ballot’, then send your selections by e-mail. Make sure your voice is heard!
Unless you’re a member of the Academy that other award show may be out of your hands, but the Literary Fauxscars are up to you! Check back often for new features on our nominees and Literary Traveler staff predictions. Then, come February 24th, when the stars are don their best dresses and tuxes, join us (in sweats, we don’t judge!) to see who takes home a shiny new “Fauxscar”. It’s an honor just to be nominated, though, right? Happy Awards Show Season!
And the Nominees are…
Best Character Portrayal by an Actor:
- Hugh Jackman as Jean Valjean (Les Miserables)
- Bradley Cooper as Pat Solitano Jr. (Silver Linings Playbook)
- Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins (The Hobbit)
- Josh Hutcherson as Peeta Mellark (The Hunger Games)
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Count Vronsky (Anna Karenina)
- Anne Hathaway as Fantine (Les Miserables)
- Keira Knightley as Anna Karenina (Anna Karenina)
- Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games)
- Jennifer Lawrence as Tiffany Maxwell (Silver Linings Playbook)
- Emma Watson as Sam (The Perks of Being a Wallflower)
- Anna Karenina and Count Vronsky (Anna Karenina)
- Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark (The Hunger Games)
- Bella Swan and Edward Cullen (Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part II)
- Pat Solitano Jr. and Tiffany Maxwell (Silver Linings Playbook)
- Charlie and Sam (The Perks of Being a Wallflower)
- John Carter
- The Lorax
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days
- Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part II
- The Hunger Games
- Total Recall
- The Lucky One
- The Bourne Legacy